Boneyard Tiles is a division of Middle Earth Tiles, New Zealand’s only manufacturer of ceramic tiles. The Middle Earth Tile factory is based in Warkworth.
At Middle Earth Tiles, we design and develop our products in a way that cares for the environment. We believe that innovation and sustainability can go hand in hand. We use clean craft processes and industrial technology to create sustainable products.
Some of the key points detailing the environmental aspects of Middle Earth Tiles are:
- Recycled Content
- Installation Process and Final Installation
- The Manufacturing Process
Middle Earth Tiles are amongst the longest lasting wall and floor coverings products available. Ceramic tiles have been known to last for decades and even centuries without needing to be replaced. Middle Earth tiles are designed with a thick body and rugged glazes to stand the test of time, just as ceramic tile has throughout the ages.
Middle Earth tiles are an excellent “Cradle to Grave” product because the raw material are extracted close to the manufacturing site, they will last for many years, even centuries and the designs are timeless.
Middle Earth tiles can be returned to the environment with no ill effects at the end of the cycle.
Installation Process and Final Installation
Middle Earth tiles can be installed and sealed with inert products, providing air quality advantages during installation. The kiln-fired natural materials that make up Middle Earth tiles produce no “off-gassing” sometimes associated with other products.
- Middle Earth tiles are neither an “original source” nor a source for ‘absorbed” volatile organic chemicals (VOC).
- Middle Earth tiles will not contribute to the growth of mould or bacteria.
- Middle Earth tiles help contribute to a healthy living or work environment.
- Another possible source of VOC’s is cleaning products. Middle Earth tiles can be cleaned using non-toxic, water-based cleaners.
- The long-term durability of Middle Earth tiles, means that replacement costs can be reduced to such a degree that lifetime costs are far less than those associated with other products, especially in areas of high wear.
Middle Earth Tiles is a 100% New Zealand owned company.